Sunday, January 9

baby steps...

My week has been filled with lots of positive changes in my lifestyle...
I'm starting to get in the swing of things with the "Resolve to Evolve" initiative over at Raw Food Rehab. I think the accountability has been a good thing for me. I've lost 4lbs. thus far eating a high raw vegan diet this past week...I've also quit the coffee and the evening wine ritual. I am starting to feel better, more positive, more even keeled emotionally, energy starting to return, & skin looking better. I feel happy. I have a long way to go, goal wise, but I'm just taking it one day at a time, baby steps....I am excited about all the things to come this up
coming year. I've replaced my coffee intake with organic green tea....I hope to reduce my caffeine intake even more over time. I've had a bit of a small lingering headache for the past few days...nothing major, mild headache...detox perhaps or caffeine withdrawal.
I'm rather new over at the Raw Food Rehab site, but everyone is so nice and POSITIVE...the site is filled with lots of positive affirmations....a really lovely atmosphere. I've been eating pretty simply...lots of smoothies & salads! Will be whipping up some raw recipes these upcoming weeks though. Here's a pic of a lovely smoothie I made the other day that was so delicious. It is so simple to make but so luscious! Just one papaya and bag of frozen strawberries and a squirt of agave. My family ate this whole raw blueberry pie today! Sooooo good!!!!! It is Alissa Cohen's recipe from her book, "Living on Live Food".


1 comment:

Ella said...

Congratulations C! The pie looks beautiful! Keep it up! You inspire me.