Thursday, January 13

changing habits....


Part of my goals this New Year, along with eating tons of raw foods, is changing habits that are no longer serving me. So far I have quit my daily coffee and replaced it with antioxidant rich green tea. Yes, I was head achy for a bit but so worth it for me now! Coffee just was NOT working for me on a daily basis.... When I came down from my coffee buzz I would just crash... made me really hungry, moody, nervous & even more tired, needing to drink more coffee to get through my day. This is *my* experience with coffee, everybody is different. Yes, green tea does still have caffeine but less and does not effect me so dramatically. Plus green tea has so many health benefits to boot. I'm in love with jasmine green tea right now...I got a huge bag of Numi Monkey King Jasmine Green Tea for Christmas & it's really light & lovely! I have also quit my (almost) daily evening wine ritual....I use to enjoy a couple of glasses while cooking & eating dinner but it was packing on the pounds among other things. At first I replaced it with Kombucha, but that gives me energy, so I have moved that to the morning time instead. I'm playing around with "mocktails" now. I made this fun & tasty drink last night from Diana Stobo's book, "Get Naked Fast!", PINK GRAPEFRUIT COSMOPOLITAN ..... my kids really enjoyed it as well. Cheers!

1 comment:

Ella said...

Oh my goodness!! That cosmo looks amazing. Must try this! Always inspiring!